Kryvyi Rih National University is a member of the ERASMUS project “Development of practically-oriented student-centred education in the field of modelling of Cyber-Physical Systems, CybPhys” (609557-EPP-1-2019-1-LV-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP – ERASMUS+ CBHE).
Project is dedicated to deployment of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) in the study process. The development of electronic systems, components and software that are interacting with physical systems and their environment providing capabilities to sense, monitor, analyze and control devices, components and processes in various fields of application. The CPS are able to deliver cross-domain solutions with reduced time-to-market, yielding significant economic results and growth in sectors critical to Europe’s economy and competitiveness and drive innovation to cope with the ‘new digital transformation’ of Europe.
The project introduces a novel curricular in practical-oriented modelling and simulation CPS for innovative physical, mathematical and engineering topics for High-Tech industries based on analysis of labor market needs, in close cooperation with the professional associations, High-Tech companies and research institutions of Belarus and Ukraine.
The main results:
- Developed, tested and formally approved curricula for BCs and MCs in accordance with labor market needs based on Bologna practices.
- Developed didactic materials (e-Books, guides for laboratory works, lecture synopsis, etc.).
- Modern infrastructure with innovative ICT based teaching and learning environment for improvement qualifications and skills in the area of modelling and simulation of CPS (e-library and Shared Modelling and Simulation Platform).
- Learning and teaching methodologies and pedagogical approaches for use of ICT: flexible learning, blended courses, virtual and real mobility, acquisition of innovative tools.
- Highly qualified teaching staff, familiar with modern needs, educational technologies and targeting needs.
- University – enterprise network that works beyond the project.
The long-term impact of CybPhys implies:
- Increased employability of the graduates.
- The companies and research institutions in the field of CPS of Belarus and Ukraine become more competitive internationally.